Saturday, September 10, 2016









   Why Complaining May Be Dangerous To Your Health


HTTP://WWW.FASTCOMPANY.COM/3040672/HOW-TO-BE-A-SUCCESS-AT-EVERYTHING/WHY-COMPLAINING-MAY-BE-DANGEROIS-TO-YOUR-HEALTH




       I find this article very educating and I love to read about health. At first while I was reading I paused, then went back to the introduction of the writer to see who he really is and what he does. I first though he probably own a company and being personal and bias. going make made me realized he is only an author with his Phd.
      In Guy Winch article, I learned that it is very important and healthy to practice emotional hygiene and get rid of bad habits. this includes too much complain, Venting and the use of Social media to express our emotions. He further stated that a half hour of complaining every day physically damages a person's brain.

          According to research, it  has been found that 955 of customers who have issues with a particular product do not complain directly to the company or who is responsible directly but instead ,tell their tale to 8-16 people. Yet, these people can't solve their problem. Venting floods the bloodstream with cortisol. When we promise ourselves we need to get something out of our chest but instead we find ourselves getting upset all over again. I remember clicking yes to a trial slimming product on line and behold I got charge every month until my account ubtil was overdrawned I got so angry and called the company, I remember talking so angrily and venting my annoyance on the customer care representative who picked up which is not surpose to be. I never new it will its bad.

         According to Guy Winch, there are different ways we can complain correctly to get results which includes; Complaint should have a purpose , Start with a positive statement, Deliver a lean complain, end with another positive statement, consider your listener, use  social media properly, and then lastly let it go.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, before we complain its always advisable to consider some certain things, such as: having a reason or purpose for complaining, always consider who you complaining to, you don't need to go about complaining to everyone you set eyes on, that doesn't help at all. too much of complain affects the brain.

    ReplyDelete